Newsletter subscription

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday 19 July 2021

early morning in Cookham



In preparation for the ‘art therapy’ session on Sunday with Waitrose friends I thought it good to visit Cookham again and to look around Odney for the best spots to paint. The white bridge over the river tributary is very picturesque with Cookham Church in the distance and all the ducks and dogs chasing each other around. The view I like the most was a shaded spot so I could paint for an hour unaffected by the strong sun already climbing into the 30’s. the bridge was in dark shadow but within ten minutes spots of light emerged on the bridge and water and I felt as if I were in a Monet painting all of a sudden, absolutely stunning. I tried my upmost to do it justice however it was like painting a moving object as every minute the light changed but I felt lucky to have been fortunate enough to time my arrival, by chance, so well. within an hour it was too hot, the sun hammered down on me and the bridge was being burnt away by the sun. Time to leave. Great start to the day, still only 9.30am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment